Day 10 – 27th Feb

Pope Francis’s Lenten message commences with;

Lent is a time of renewal for the whole Church, for each community and every believer. Above all it is a “time of grace” (2 Cor 6:2). God does not ask of us anything that he himself has not first given us. “We love because he first has loved us” (1 Jn 4:19). He is not aloof from us. Each one of us has a place in his heart. He knows us by name, he cares for us and he seeks us out whenever we turn away from him. He is interested in each of us; his love does not allow him to be indifferent to what happens to us.

It is so easy to forget just how committed God is to us. To forget how invested and how interested God is in our lives.

I particularly like the phrase, “His love does not allow him to be indifferent to what happens to us.”

Lent is about surrendering more of ourselves to God and being renewed as the Pope states.

If you are just enquiring about faith then God wants you to know of His love but if you have been believed for a long time like I have, God wants an ever-deepening relationship with you.

ACTION: How can you surrender to God more today knowing that God loves you intensely and is not indifferent to you?

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 5: 20-26

Day 10 – 27th Feb

1. Awhina | | Reply

BUS!

2. John Tomczak | | Reply

Hi Bruce
    Love your daily scripture readings and reflection, I am also finding some of the word’s in scripture that I haven’t seen before or didn’t previously understand, a great source of information and understanding on what is meant in the various passages by looking them up in Google and finding out their intended meaning to a particular passage/context in the gospels.
    The little extra time it takes is very fulfilling and gives me a closer understanding of God’s message
    Kind Regards
    John

3. Tess | | Reply

Thank you for these daily lenten reflections. It’s been such a blessing to me and helping me to strengthen my relationship with the Lord. I get so excited every morning to begin my day with these reflections and the discipline of this is helping me to focus my heart on the lenten journey and not miss out on growing in God through this special season in the Church.
    I feel so touched by these honest and faith building reflection and God is clearly speaking to me through these.
    Thank you for your openness to the power of the holy spirit and for sharing so honestly.
    Blessings in Christ.

4. Pam Pitman | | Reply

Thank you Bruce for the beautiful work you do and for listening to God’s plan for you, you have touched many lives!
    I’m truly blessed to receive your daily reflections! I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again whenever you visit Nashville!

5. Vasco Gil | | Reply

Bruce, I’m leaving the simple messages you are delivering each day. Sometimes we over-complicate our faith but you’ve done an awesome job at making God’s message so accessible.
    God bless you and your team!
    Vasco

6. Barbara | | Reply

Hi Bruce :o) At the beginning I didn’t expect you will share your reflections and faith on such a personal level. I love it – it’s wonderful. Thank you!
    I watch, read, think – and rethink, pray and …pray, every day.
    But today it dawn on me, that my relationship with God is somehow in the war zone mode.. Constant rebellion, questions and doubts are mixed up with a needy feeling for wanting to know more and for a deeper faith. Not a balance. It is a frustrating mix!
    I think I want to understand God before I can completely surrender…commit..
    And yet…your faith seems to be…contagious :o)

7. Mike Edwards | | Reply

Thanks reading these daily reflections is most rewarding.

8. Inquisitive | | Reply

I realise as I open each day here and you kindly share your personal stories – I am smiling! Thank you Bruce. Today’s story was touching and one I can relate to as our family have done the I spy in the car with much similar outcomes!
    But further here (as I missed this Day due to the computer complications and am so glad I came back to it!!) thank you for reminding me to pray for what is possible, dreams of greater peace in our world, deeper love between myself and others, what can be … Talk with God about the good around me and the desire for greater good – openness, acceptance, kindness, sharing and support with others, peace, forgiveness …
    Thank you Bruce!
    And thanks to others posting comments and sharing their thoughts, feelings and journeys :)

U can only enter the kingdom of God with the innocence of a child. Back in the day in our doctrine class our catechist told us that God knows everyone by name. I thought he meant those of us sitting there. I quickly looked around and said, I also do. He laughed and said, everybody in the world. The only world I knew was my little village in Kumbo Cameroon. l thought to myself God must have a very big head. Ha ha ha ha