Day 13 – 2nd March

Throughout Lent our prayer can vary from times of forgiveness, searching, thankfulness, deeper surrender and on other positive things.

Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
-Philippians 4:8

I have read that the Philippian Church was no bigger than a small group of people. Imagine getting a letter addressed to you from St Paul the great apostle and evangelist. It would have felt very personal to be in that small group of people

ACTION: Write or say prayers of positivity today. Thank God for what He has done for you and is doing for you right now. I promise you that you will have a better day, which will positively affect those around you and you will be drawn more deeply into the season of Lent

GOSPEL READING: Luke 6: 36-38

Day 13 – 2nd March

1. Roswitha Armit | | Reply

I haven’t missed a day……thank you!

2. carol | | Reply

i am sure each day is an inspiration – pity the grey type on black is almost impossible to read. try white on black.

3. Yvonne McAskill | | Reply

The secret for your little bird is that he found the opening! Just as each of us has to be open to the call of freedom that God’s Holy Spirit calls us to, our door must be open. How blessed we are when we can hear that inner calling…what we call prayer, a bit like the Town Crier who called out his message for the day. Thank you Bruce for being so open!.

4. John Tomczak | | Reply

I have found both these last two messages very compelling, one of Gods image when praying and the other of praise, forgiveness, thanks giving and appreciation for the wonderful gifts that we receive each day.
    I personally don’t always have an image of God, or Jesus when I pray, I just pray and focus on the things I would like to see happen in our world to make it a better place for everyone, while at the same time giving thanks & being grateful for what we have. as you say Bruce it all comes from ones faith within, and I feel blessed that I can feel that love.

5. Mary-Ann | | Reply

Thank you Bruce for the daily inspirational messages, they certainly give us lots to think about and be thankful for.
    BTW, I also agree with Carol’s comment that grey writing on black background is very hard to read.

• Scott Gee - Admin | | Reply

I have updated the font to make it lighter :)

6. Tommy Frutiger | | Reply

I jump for joy when I hear God whisper to me. The wind, the waves, the robins and cardinals returning. I am saddened when I do not listen because I am too busy. I am in and out but God is always there. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.

Hi Bruce, I am sure u wished the bird could talk and tell u its secret so that u could help keep it safe, same as Jesus would wish us to be open and confess our sins so that he can embrace us as his prodigal sons , but I keep on keeping secrets from him forgetting that he knows all I think and do in secret. Bruce this the right time to reconcile with Christ. Pray for me.

8. Deborah Fougeray | | Reply

I, as well am a bird lover. I pray Bruce that you find your bird and if you do I would not put him back in the aviary until you know “His Secret”.

9. Tonia Allen | | Reply

This meant a lot to me…the reminder of how powerful prayer can be when it is written. Like a letter, it makes us really think about what we are truly thankful for and also for how we gave sinned and fallen short. Love your messages.