Day 18 – 7th March

I have been known to play the odd joke on people and while this can be very funny for everyone involved it can also cause people not to trust you in certain circumstances.

If I have ever said to Rosemary my wife ‘close your eyes I want to do something.’ Her reaction has always been, ‘what are you going to do?’ and she is hesitant because she is not sure what is going to happen. In other words, she doesn’t trust me. It sounds like a setup to her.

In Proverbs 3:5-6 it says​:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

To trust means to have confidence that we will not be harmed and that the other person has our best interests at heart.

This is the life we are called to by God and as we pray through this season of Lent we seek to grow in a deeper trust of God.

We can trust ​that God is ever present ​and ​drawing us to Him.

Trusting God is ​both a ​deeper and richer type of trust tha​n​ we have in people. It is a trust that is based on who God​ is because He is perfect, ever​-​lasting, unchanging, all knowing and perfect in His love.

ACTION: As you pray today reflect on these qualities of God. You might add more. In God we can have total and absolute trust.

GOSPEL READING: Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

Day 18 – 7th March

1. Catherine | | Reply

Hi Bruce,
    Thankyou for all the reflections,
    Yesterday I could not access it said it had been withdrawn
    Regards
    Catherine

• Scott Gee - Admin | | Reply

You should be able to access yesterday’s reflection now.

2. Dorothy | | Reply

Thank you for the simple yet inspiring reflections. THEY KEEP ME GOING ANOTHER DAY. In fact, no matter how busy my morning is, l make sure l sit and watch your video before leaving home so l can draw on a word(s) during the darker moments. This is the first lent l am focusing on drawing closer to God instead of feeling guilty for not embracing it by “giving up something for 40 days”. Lent now means something more special and l long for quiet time to pray/reflect with Jesus at the Blessed Sacrament. It’s the only thing that fills my heart and soul with peace.
    Thank you for sharing your gift with us!

Dorothy

3. Elizabeth | | Reply

Dear Bruce,

Thank you very much for all the inspiring messages from the first day of Lent until now. I have not missed one!!

4. Ted | | Reply

Your talk confirms this quote:-
    Commit your fate to Yahweh,trust Him and He will act.
    With blessings and thanks.
    Ted.

5. Loretta Amos | | Reply

thank you Bruce I reckon God had quite a big hand in your sharing on trust today for me. Things are going a little pear shape for me at this time and I was feeling I had no one to share my problem with. That is, no one who would listen to my tale of woe. Then I put on your message and I knew God was listening and he answered me Bless you for being his messenger.

6. Patricia Cannard | | Reply

Thank you for coming into my home each day and sharing your insights with me.

God Almighty, u made everything so u know them all. My five senses are effective only with what is before me, but the world is at ur feet. I believe that u can make and unmake, therefore ” Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for u are with me. Ur shepherd’s rode and staff protect me ” Ps 23 : 4. Therefore I whole heartedly have confidence and trust in u.

8. peter | | Reply

You are giving me the insights to make me want to move closer to God. I still have a fair way to go but you have got me moving in the right direction . Thank you and God Bless.