Day 30 – 19th March

Very often we don’t know what to say to God when we pray. If we were truthful many of us fall into the trap of just asking God for things. “God give me this. God do that. God provide for my family, etc”

For a long time it was all I did until someone taught me another way.

Have you ever been to an event that honours a person for the work they do and who they are. You say things about them that are complimentary.

In prayer we should do the same to God.

The following are some of the words you can use to praise and worship God and express your affection and commitment. To prevent me just asking God for things I read these aloud. It focuses my mind on God’s nature and character and leads me into deeper prayer.

ACTION: Copy this list to a place so that you can use it in prayer and then every time you think of something else add to the list.

Holy God the Heavens Declare Yours Wonders and Glory
Kings of Kings and Lord of Lords
Worthy God
Sovereign King
My Lord and My God
My Lord and My King
My Lord and My Saviour
My Lord and Master
My Protector
My Guide
My Everything
I honour You and adore you
I honour You and bless you
I glorify You and worship you
I adore You
I honour You
The Lover of My Life
The Lover of My Soul
The Alpha and the Omega
The beginning and the end
The first and the last
The Centre of My Life
Wonder Counsellor
Prince of Peace
Name above all names
You alone are God
You who makes sense of everything
There is no other God but You
Nothing compares to You
You alone are omniscient
You are alone are all powerful
You alone are Omnipresent
In You alone do I trust
Worthy are you Lord God
You are Holy
You are Precious
The one and only one
There is no other like You
My Constant Companion
The defender of my soul
You who spared nothing for me
God of Wonders
Holy Beyond All
Mighty King
Mighty Lord
Glory and Honour to You
Lord You are pure

GOSPEL READING: Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24A

Day 30 – 19th March

1. .Ythe openingvonne McAskill | | Reply

I,became aware a long time ago that God does not choose perfect people, and reading the genealogy of Jesus makes that so clear to me, that in coming closer to GOD His love transforms what was done into something that can become. That is why I know in my deepest self that God can use me no matter how horrid my deeds have been. To me along with the many other titles I use is Counsellor. I come before the Mighty one and pour it all out and begin again. I noticed in one of the Psalms that the Psalmist writes “to praise and thank God is an HONOUR for all His faithful” God can never be out done in generosity.

2. Angie | | Reply

It is amazing how you reflect on an incident in your past and use as an educational subject catching people’s attention. The Holy Spirit is with you guiding you on your daily mission. Your daily teaching have enriched my Lenten period.
    Prayer is such a wonderful way of communicating with God our Father and in turn He talks with us through the Bible, which is why it is so important to do daily Bible readings along with prayer.
    Know that you are truly blessed by the Lord who is using you to reach so many people around the world.
    May God bless you

It is so comforting to know that the Lord who knows all is patient and compassionate when dealing with me and especially my past.I can come to Him and admit to sins I don’t want to even admit to myself and know I’ll be forgiven. But it doesn’t stop there. He then provides the necessary help and encouragement for me to forgive myself. Truly He is a Gracious God.

Hi Bruce, the wrong choices I made in the past have caught up with me and I have fallen in love with this prayer from the PIETA.

Eternal father, I offer u the Secret Heart of Jesus with all its sufferings and merits.

To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be ……. !

To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be …… !

To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and during all my life. Glory be ………. !

Apart from Confession I feel peaceful and in the Presence of God, the Alpha the Omega, and Lord of Lords, when I recognise the wrong choices I made in the past and ask for forgiveness for my sins.

This can be posible only through prayers. That is the only mechanic we have to fix our wrong choices and have our sins forgiven. Amen

5. My Yen | | Reply

Thanks for your daily videos. Keep up the good work team The Catholic Guy.

I pray that God will continue to bless you and your dedicated team of workers to continue to touch the lives of people living locally in Sydney, Australia and around the globe. Love your work.

God is alive!

I come to realize that asking God for things when praying is not the correct way to pray. God is so precious kind and loving and understanding and especially forgiving, and does not hold anything against us. Bruce I just want to say the prayer that you have in the reflection is so beautiful and wonderful and writing it down in my prayer journal. It is going to be a prayer I say every day. I have noticed when I have struggled or have had a lot of stress in my life or when I worry about things I realize that is when God shows me that He is there and that everything will be ok. It amazes me every time. I praise and thank God, especially for God being with me every day. God is so generous with all of us. I know that I am truly blessed in my life. Thank you Bruce for this journey I am taking with me. Erica